Thread: Fisher mistake?
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2011, 02:56 AM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
I find it interesting that fans who choose to hold David Poile, Barry Trotz and his team to the level of expectations of reaching the second round of the playoffs come under such criticism here.
That's not really true. What people jab about is those who use hindsight to constantly say "we've never been out of the first round". Oh really? Wow, that's good to know. Almost as if they accurately predicted that with some previous higher scoring playoff versions of the team.

Fire Trotz? Fire Poile? If you say no, then you aren't holding them to a higher standard, you're waiting to see if their ideas will pan out, just like everybody else.

"Hold them to a higher standard" makes a good sound bite. But some of those criticizers don't seem to like it when in some people's opinions, the Poile plan is a very good one and has, and will, result in a strong team. I want a high standard, and second rounds, and eventually finals, which is why I like what they have been doing. Does this version need some work? Sure, of course, and maybe some purer scorer is needed. Gee, in a perfect world we'd be as good as Vancouver or better... But I like the playoff potential (some this year, but more so in the future) with a strong dee if we can get moderately consistent scoring, and I think we have a lot of young potential up front that should improve while Erat and Legwand still have some legs.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-29-2011 at 03:06 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote