View Single Post
Old
03-29-2011, 05:56 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Are you seriously proposing I have to prove Morenz was a better hockey player than Boucher?
To a certain extent, yes, or at least specifically in regards to defensive/all-around play. I have gathered a lot of information on Boucher's all-around game which I will post shortly, and have seen comparatively little on those aspects of Morenz's game. I don't know for sure if this means that Boucher was the better defensive player, but in the absence of positive evidence of Morenz's two-way game, I will have to assume so, as there is a lot of information out there about Boucher's checking.

I'm not normally one to overturn canon so lightly, but in a case like this where so many aspects (offense, defense, playoffs) of the players' relative value seem to run against the canon, I think we need to seriously question whether or not the canon is correct. I consider it unlikely that Boucher was a better overall player than Morenz, but it seems quite possible at this point that they were a lot closer than the canon would suggest. Having more information on Morenz's all-around game would help us to more accurately make those distinctions.

So no, I'm not asking you to prove that Morenz was better, but to help us determine just how much better he was.