View Single Post
Old
03-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
You implying that running everyday is somehow bad for your health tells me everything I need to know about you and this debate.
If you care very little about your health, run for 40minutes a day?

You liking something better doesn't make it more efficient or desirable for others. The idea that you get more results from HIIT isn't correct, even a 20min vs 20min program. How many calories do you think is possible to burn in 1 minute lol? It has many benefits, but superior weight loss isn't one of them.

I've never stated HIIT was bad for you, just that it isn't gonna help natey and others drop the pounds any quicker than slow steady state.

Who says 45 minutes runs are boring? What's so dreaded about going for a run? I look forward to them.
You misunderstood. I never implied that running was bad for your health. Kareem was mentioning people that care little about their health and just want something simple and basic to do. I was only responding to that. And yes, telling someone to run for 45min is a lot simpler. In no way am I saying it's bad for your health, come on, I think you should have known that's not what I implied.
Any form of exercising is good for your health.

Believe it or not, but not too many people look forward to running for 45min. Who says it? Most of the clients where I work. Personally, I fall in that category as well. I do not enjoy running for 30min straight, not even 20. Swimming perhaps, Jump roping surely, but not running, biking, elliptical, and I detest rowing (even if I feel it's a terrific exercise). If you enjoy it, then great! Nothing wrong with that.

There is about 3600 calories in 1lbs of fat. So, whether you do a HIIT or steady run matters very little, as you already know.

Doing anaerobic exercises, as I previously mentioned, brings more benefits.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote