Old
10-13-2003, 12:29 PM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
surely you aren't referring to this

OCTOBER 1, 2003.

THE COYOTES GOALIE DILEMMA.

ARIZONA REPUBLIC: Bob McManaman reports the Phoenix Coyotes won't expose goaltender Sean Burke in Friday's waiver draft, but they won't say if Brian Boucher or Zak Bierk will be. Bierk believes he might be, given his limited NHL experience, while Boucher believes it'll be him, based on his salary and the poor market for starting goalies right now. Burke believes all three will stay with the club and that he'll probably be dealt at the March trade deadline, if not sooner. McManaman speculates the Colorado Avalanche or NY Rangers might be interested in Burke, citing the Avs loss of Patrick Roy to retirement and Mike Dunham's "inconsistent" play for the Rangers.

Spector's Note: I don't doubt the Avs could make a pitch for Burke if Aebischer and Sauve are unable to get the job done, but I doubt the Rangers will. Dunham may have been "inconsistent" during the pre-season, but he shone between the pipes last season for the Blueshirts. I don't put much stock in a player's pre-season performance, it's how they do in the regular season!