View Single Post
Old
03-29-2011, 01:26 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
1) Be prepared to pay out the nose for playoff tickets. I'm not a season ticket holder, but from what little I have read, prices for playoff tickets go up pretty significantly (somewhere in the neighborhood of 30% I read somewhere, could be, and most likely am, wrong though). I could be way off base, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 300 level seats go for at least $200 on the secondary market.

2) I can say that, without having been to a ton of NYR bars in Manhattan, I really love http://www.stoutnyc.com. It's really close to MSG, and they cater to NYR fans both before and after the game. Pretty good food, decent prices for Manhattan, and an absolutely AWESOME selection of beer (that's the kicker for me, personally)!

3) I always like going on brewery tours when I visit a city. I haven't gone to the Brooklyn Brewery yet, so I can't attest to whether or not it's good, but I always have fun learning about the brewing process and tasting some awesome beer. It might be worth looking into. The Bohemian Hall in Astoria is also pretty fun (food and drink are good, and cheap). You're probably noticing a pattern by now, but I am a huge beer enthusiast.
To answer number one, face value for the 400's is 68 for the first round so after the prices get marked up for individual prices and different fees from Ticketmaster, don't be surprised to see the cheapest being over a 100 each. Whenever the Rangers clinch a spot (assuming it does happen), playoff info should be released soon after. You're not gonna find cheap ones on the secondary market unless maybe you find tickets the day of on StubHub from people who desperately need to get rid of them and even then it'll probably be around individual face value.