Old
03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
I agree, Calgary is out.

The end of Dallas' schedule is really cake 4 non-playoff teams. Unless they choke big time before them, I think they'll be contending up till the last day.

Kings I think may be in trouble without Kopitar and Williams. They could really slide. Tonight's game against Edmonton is that last easy game for them.

Chicago I think has the 2nd toughest schedule (well maybe we do, but I guess that not the point). I can see a possibility of them not making it in.

While it is theoretically possible to get to 4th I think we'd need to win out and hope for some luck. 5th is possible, but 6th is realistic... Frankly I'm not sure seeds really matter this year. All top 8 teams look ridiculously dangerous to play (including Nashville and Phoenix). Kings may be a lame duck because of injuries.
The thing is, depending on how WE play our last few games, we may need to rely on Dallas losing big. It's hard to see a scenario where we DON'T make the playoffs, but if we tank and Dallas rides it home, we're in trouble.