Thread: Mestis 2010/11
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Korppu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shefpie View Post
I would have thought Rovaniemi would be able to support a Mestis team. And they've got quite a new, modern arena to play in havent they?
3500 seater built in 2003. RoKi has good area for marketing and stable fanbase. Maybe the obstacle for their promotion and keeping their spot in Mestis is that good enough players are not willing to move to Rovaniemi just to play in a lower level team and their own core is just not strong enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefpie View Post
Does anyone think that the current promotion/relegation is too heavily weighted in favour of the team in the higher league? It seems to me that Kvalserien in Sweden does seem to, at least, give the lower league teams more of a chance.
Promotion to SM-Liiga is made hard for a reason and as we've seen many times during last 3 years, it's because they don't want anyone to promote. After all it's they who make the rules and if you want to promote you have to play by the rules. Im sure they would make up something to prevent the promotion if they didn't like the team that won the series.

System in Mestis <-> Suomi-sarja changed from last year and probably will do so in future too. After all, crowd wants to see some bigger "independent" teams (RoKi, Hermes) replacing total farm teams like LeKi. This year i think the system was slighty weighted in favour of Suomi-sarja teams as it would've had been possible to promote even without getting a single point from the Mestis team and Mestis team had to prevent all 3 S-sarja teams from topping them in points.

Korppu is offline   Reply With Quote