View Single Post
Old
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
Disagree. Del Zotto is down in HFD working on his defensive game, he isn't there to put up numbers and pad his +/- stat. We already know he has the offensive talent. He needs to not panic in the D zone, and learn to make the right decision. He only had 20 good games last year? I don't think so. He had a great season for a 19 year old rookie defenseman.
So since he's down there working on his defense, you figure he's dumping the puck into the zone and not honing his offensive skills?

I mean really. No one plays to pad stats, you play the game the way you know how, and up the focus and intensity in the areas you're lacking. MDZ not working on his offense would be absolutely hilarious, considering he hasn't shown any offense in over a year, and that's hopefully going to be his NHL salary bread and butter.

I stand by 20 good games. I had a similar discussion on a NYRbb when someone insisted that he had at least 40 good games last season. Just because he put up points in some games didn't mean he played well. Hell when we did some digging he had a three pt night with 1ppg, 1 ppa, and 1a, and still was -2 and logged 0 mins in the 3rd thanks to winding up benched.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote