View Single Post
Old
03-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
This is incorrect as I have already pointed out. You keep bringing this up but it is NOT CORRECT. There were multiple UFA-to-be goalies on waiver on deadline day. They all made less money than Vokoun does now and were free asset-wise.
I've already addressed and debunked that myth. The trade deadline actually expired at 3pm. The waiver deadline was noon. Since the offer for Vokoun didnt come in until late, those goalies on waivers had already cleared BEFORE Vokoun wouldve been traded. So no YOU are incorrect in what you're saying so please stop trying to perpetuate that myth.

Also I believe the rosters are frozen in that no players outside the organization can be claimed after the deadline (has nothing to do with playoffs or not). So if Tallon traded Vokoun at the deadline since he couldnt claim anyone before trading him, the only option wouldve been to call up a goalie.

Last edited by Coolburn: 03-30-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: added fact about not being able to claim anyone after the deadline