View Single Post
Old
03-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You need to read what I wrote. I never said I'd look to Drury for offense. I'm saying tha the role that a fourth line center on this team would play in the playoffs is not one that will be looked to for offense. The role will be similar to the way Drury was used in the Olympics.

Its not a surprise that Christensen has better numbers than Drury — he's played twice as many games and has played with the teams supposed best offensive player.
But he has what 6.5 times as many points?

And again while I see what your trying to say about not looking to drury for offense, to my point, this is not a team that is an offensive dynamo. We have plenty of guys who are fantastic defensive players. What we lack is consistent scoring. And while EC may be inconsistent, at least he has been consistent for stretches this year, where Drury hasn't even had a stretch of anything. So one more time, if we were a high flying offensive team and our TEAM defense was severely lacking, then I might be able to understand this mantra. But this is not the case and I don't know why people continue to pretend it is. Drury has no role with this teams current make up.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote