View Single Post
Old
03-30-2011, 09:58 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
Haven't had a chance to read this thread yet, since I watched the game late last night. Here are my thoughts.

Brown has really stepped up the past couple of games. What a game by him in all zones. He needs to play like that every game, and last night he took the team on his shoulders.

Lewis. How much can I say about this kid? He has slowly become my 3rd favorite King behind Bernier and Doughty. Some called him a bust, others thought he would only be a 4th liner that didn't amount to anything but a PK guy. He has 4 period on a skilled, scoring line and not only has he shown he has fit, he is the reason the line is scoring. He has a goal and 3 assists in those 4 periods and the passes to Brownie last night were great. The first one made my jaw drop the way he threaded the puck through 2 Oilers and Khabby. Wow. Fox keeps saying that his hands need to catch up to his feet, but in fact, I believe it was his line mates that needed to catch up to him.

Bernier, didn't have a hard game but came up huge. This is the game our goalies need to have from here on out. He was strong, confident and always smiling last night. He was just having a great time. There wasn't even a moment, other than the 3rd period when Smyth cleared the rebound, that I was nervous because of his calm game. He has shown the past 10-12 games that the Kings can use both goalies and know that they will get solid goaltending. Does anyone know his numbers in the last 10-12 games? I know he's only lost one in regulation, but what are his GAA/S% in those games?

I felt like Penner was trying to hard, so in turn just looked like he was running around last night.

Moller didn't score, but again, I think he had a strong game. When I noticed him last night, he was always in position defensively at the front of the net clearing a loose puck and getting it out of the zone.

All in all, a solid game. Everyone stepped up into new roles and were hugely successful. Seriously though, I think we need to practice clearing the puck out of the zone and shooting on an empty net. How many empty net goals do the Kings have this year? 2? We can't score one for the life of us.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote