View Single Post
Old
03-30-2011, 11:09 AM
OpenIceHit

vCash: 677
PG has a lot of work! Mainly because of the team policy to not offer any contract to any player during the season.

Not only that. He has to try to get rid of players like Gomez and Spacek (I guess he will try to). Only then, he will have an idea on how to spend the available money.

Other than that, I think Markov will be offered a good one-year deal to evaluate his health. But in the same time, I don't think he will accept a one-year deal if he doubts about his own health. I think some teams would offer him a 2 or 3 year deal.

Hamrlik wants to stay. With less icetime, he will remain a solid D for at least two more years. I'd keep him at less than 3M a year for 2 years. You could add a third year at 1M to decrease the impact on the cap.

I think Gill and Sopel will go. We need the same exact type of D's but with more grit.

I would keep Mara for the 6th or 7th spot.

Gorges : 3.8M/2years.

A.Kost is a solid 2nd line player and would pay him 2nd line type of money. Something like 6.5M/2years.

Max.Pac will get less than A.Kost. First of all, to evaluate him and also because he's just starting to be good. But personnaly, I would love to see him play for the habs for years to come.

Same thing than AK with Pouliot except that it would be more a 3rd liner type of money. I'd give a one-year deal to see if he can improve some aspects of his game.

Keepers : White, Darche (on a 3rd or 4th line please and at the same price), Desharnais (1M)
Out : Pyatt

And then add some toughness (one or two players than can play and drop them)

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote