View Single Post
Old
03-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Can someone explain to me how a guy's offensive game can fall off the map, but his defensive game is still top notch??? It seems to me that the same things that give me facepalms in the offensive zone (no skating ability, getting pushed off the puck, no hands or touch with the puck) are the same things that give me agita in the defensive and neutral zones with the guy.

I just love how we try to split apart different phases of Drury's game like there is no correlation. Defense leads to offense and offense is followed by defense. And all the while there is that area inbetween the blue lines were I'm pretty sure you need skating, good hands, and playmaking instincts.
I can, you either score or you don't. Most players scoring walk a very fine line, sometimes pucks go in or they don't. I've seen Drury crash the net like a nut looking to bang in a rebound, I've seen him unleash good one timers -- but it has not materialized. There is the difference between scoring 20+30 or not scoring at all (since you don't get ice time et c). Dru was never all that much better then he is now. Stats fouls you. Look at Higgins this year for another example.

Defensively you play with completely different marginals. Sometimes it's just about keeping your cool. Not starting to do something you would not have done in G20 of the season just before it's the POs et c.

Of course having a guy like Dru is a asset come
PO time. We will loose guys foe sure during a run if we go deep.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote