Thread: Fisher mistake?
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
KillerKampfer*

vCash: 500
I think the Fisher move was a must for the Preds organization. Needed another center for the playoffs. In the offseason Ottawa probably gives him away for nothing and takes a cap hit back but that does no good for this season.

Also marketing wise his aquisition doesnt do much for hockey fans but it puts the team more on the radar for people who do not particularly like the sport and helps the name brand. With no Titans next year (well I guess maybe they'll scrimmage themselves 16 times given Adams optimism) the Preds are the only show in town and thats a pretty good year to overpay someone who specifically can connect culturally with non hockey fans. And if the team wins a playoff series this year all the more momentum they have going forward.

Next year is a good year to be stuck with Fisher and he helps the team in the playoffs big time. Good move regardless I think.

All the Preds really need to do is sign Shea longterm, and get a stud forward in next summer when Dumont expires and thats a perennial top 5/10 NHL team no question about it.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote