View Single Post
Old
03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
matt trick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Toews View Post
They could definitely use a No. 1 center (like Easy said, a lot of teams could) but that offense is already miles and miles ahead of Phoenix and Nashville, so I think they're at least locks for the playoffs next season. Besides, I could easily see Oshie, Backes or Berglund putting up numbers similar to Toews before this season and he was a good enough No. 1 to take the Hawks all the way.
Definitely a good team despite not having a #1 C. And I too think they will make the playoffs (though San Jose, Detroit, Vancouver, LA, Chicago will likely remain conference powers, and Phoenix and Nashville consistently steal two spots despite inferior talent)

Regarding Chicago, they also had Hossa, Kane, and Sharp who would all be the single biggest threat on that team. However, if Backes or Oshie can reach Toews' level of offense, they will be scary, but his two-way game was far beyond theirs. And while I am a big fan of those kids on D, they've got a ways to go to catch Chicago's top 4. However, Halak is superior to the Niemi that played for the Hawks (I'd still prefer Halak, but Niemi has upped his game in a big way this year).

matt trick is online now   Reply With Quote