View Single Post
Old
03-31-2011, 12:43 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
You guys need to be careful here, the same thing was said about Oliver Ekman-Larsson with the comparisons to Lidstrom. Whenever scouts see a young puck-moving d-man from Sweden, he's inevitably compared to Lidstrom. That's not to say that OEL won't be a very good player but after having watched him, I can safely say that he's not going to be the next Lidstrom. Top 4? Probably. Guys like Lidstrom are generational talents and I don't see Adam Larsson projecting that way either.
Agreed. Every 6'4+ Dman is also compared to Pronger. Hell Hedman was compared to Pronger and I never saw it! Also any center with a PPG clip and solid two way game in the minors = Joe Sakic/Yzerman.

Generalizations FTL!

Quote:
Every single team in the league has that kind of list and more often then not, it's WAY worse. It's actually been proven that the Avs have the very best organization in the league at identifying and drafting NHL talent. Now, that's more quantitative than qualitative but it's still a big positive since in most cases you can parlay those assets into something else.

Not disagreeing with you here just seemed silly saying "avs don't need another top pick". Any time you get a top pick, you use it and use it wisely. Not go saying, "i think we won't pick the bpa or focus too much on this pick cause we do better in the late rounds".

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote