2012 MLB / Montreal Expos Thread (June 2012 - A Rally for the Expos)
View Single Post
03-31-2011, 07:02 PM
GO HABS GO!
Join Date: Mar 2005
Just bad luck all around for this organization.
- 1 game away from the World Series in 1981.
- 94-68 record in 1993. 2 GB of the Phillies. Had the Wild Card been implemented one year earlier, Expos would have been in. Just to compare. The World Champs Jays finished 95-67, only 1 game better than the Expos.
- Of course 1994. Best record in baseball with a 74-40 record. 6 games up on the division and 9 games up on the Wild Card.
- The fire sale of 1995. Players were willing to take pay cuts to stay.
- The choke on 1996. Had the Wild Card lead until late September with a 85-70 record but lost 7 of the last 10 games to miss.
- Traded Alou after 1996. Traded Pedro after his Cy Young in 1997.
- Tied for Wild Card lead in 2003 on September 1st. MLB refused to allow call-ups and the team floundered.
What could have been.
The franchise was built for the 1994 season. It came down to that year and it was wiped away.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by HH