2012 MLB / Montreal Expos Thread (June 2012 - A Rally for the Expos)
View Single Post
03-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Originally Posted by
Just bad luck all around for this organization.
- 1 game away from the World Series in 1981.
- 94-68 record in 1993. 2 GB of the Phillies. Had the Wild Card been implemented one year earlier, Expos would have been in. Just to compare. The World Champs Jays finished 95-67, only 1 game better than the Expos.
- Of course 1994. Best record in baseball with a 74-40 record. 6 games up on the division and 9 games up on the Wild Card.
- The fire sale of 1995. Players were willing to take pay cuts to stay.
- The choke on 1996. Had the Wild Card lead until late September with a 85-70 record but lost 7 of the last 10 games to miss.
- Traded Alou after 1996. Traded Pedro after his Cy Young in 1997.
- Tied for Wild Card lead in 2003 on September 1st. MLB refused to allow call-ups and the team floundered.
What could have been.
The franchise was built for the 1994 season. It came down to that year and it was wiped away.
Nice re-cap...makes ya wanna cry...you are right, what could have been...
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by BLONG7