View Single Post
Old
08-04-2005, 12:57 PM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Question About Where players Start in the NHL??

It seems to me that there has been this misconception about where the newcomers from the Monarchs will play, the forwards especially. I keep hearing about guys who are top six prospects playing on lesser lines. Now this is definately not what I remember seeing while I have watched guys come into the league. If you are slated a top six that's where you start. The one exception I can think of is Brown. But Robitaille, Carson, Nichols, Frolov as examples never waited around out of the spotlight to get their shot. From other teams you can find the same example, Bergeron at Boston, Gagne at Philly, Gomez at New Jersey, Tanguay and Deadmarsh in Colorado as examples. Why do I keep hearing that "so and so will not play in the top six", "you can't have guys in the top six without NHL experience".

Now maybe I've only seen the side of the arguement I'm presenting. Is there anyone out there that has coaching experience or could ask some coaches if what I'm saying is out of line. Maybe only Murray kicks guys up a line at a time. Got any input? Any other examples that refute or confirm the idea of young guys playing in the top six from the getgo.