View Single Post
Old
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Skarjak

vCash: 500
I'll agree with you Whitesnake that something needs to be done about toughness in this team, and that a fourth or third liner with size would be very welcome. I just hate it when people use our lack of size as a magic explanation for our losses. Haven't we beaten the Bruins four times this season?

Ultimately, I think Gainey signed the guys he did because he had no other choice. We would have had to pay a lot more than we did for Gomez to obtain another first line center. The emergence of a few young centers in our organization (and of Plekanec) might allow us to get rid of him this summer. I guess he will have been a good patch for a while, and it only cost a defensive prospect we didn't have much faith in. Cammalleri is a good player and I'm happy we signed him. Ideally he would be surrounded by bigger players. He's in a bad slump, but that describes most of this team. Gionta is the one I have issues with. This guy has Chris Higgins syndrome: how many scoring chances has he ruined? How many empty nets did he miss? He is certainly overpaid, and I would have rather seen a home grown player, Josh Gorges, be given the C. Especially considering he was the last one of these three we acquired, we should probably have looked a bit harder elsewhere. I mostly don't like the length of his contract. Then again, I'm not convinced he'll finish it here.

The reality of our situation was that we couldn't be that picky, since we blew up our roster.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote