View Single Post
Old
08-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
I agree with TK, it's a great day.

Yesterday I didn't like the trade, but now, considering the fact we gave up a hige, fat NOTHING to get JR, I'm pretty happy about it. I still remember the Heinzes & The Randy Robitailles we signed in the past few seasons. I still remember watching other teams signing the most prominent ufas and see ours stolen under our nose.

For the first time in at least 10 years, we're aggressive on the market, pursuing top notch talent. Now, the Roenick aquisition could be a gamble, but who knows. I like the team and I like our chances for next season, even if we wouldn't sign Ziggy. We have a balanced attack of veterans (Luc, Conroy, Demitra, Roenick, Klatt) and promising youngsters (Cammy, Dustin, Lehoux) who'll learn a lot from them. The same can be said about our D, with Matty, Lube and Aaron who'll be instrumental in Timmy and Grebs (if he'll be in LA) development (ehm, Corvo is a lost cause, it doesn't matter how good the teacher is if the student is completely stupid). Our farm team is healthy and it's getting better and better. Garon's a question mark as a starter, but the talent is there.

I think we all look forward to the upcoming season from a positive point of view. It's true Roenick is 35, but it's also true he's a winner and he'll lead by example. That's all I ask for our young kids.

It's going to be fun.

GO KINGS!

Ah...one last thing...
This season we'll kick the crap out of the SuckAlanche.
Mark these words.