View Single Post
Old
04-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
I don't understand why nobody is getting this. Ok, to start, i am not an advocate of the bridges, but people keep bringing up points like this.

For one, the bridges are over the stands, not the ice, and quite a distance back & away. MSG is wide. Wider than most arenas. You can have the bridges hover somewhere over the existing 200s section, and still not be anywhere near the ice.

Second, as for "throwing things down onto the fans below" you can do that RIGHT NOW. 1/3 of the 400 section is directly above the 300s... a "balcony" condition that is *identical* to how a bridge would hang over the seating below. And people throwing stuff below almost never happens. The most i have ever witnessed is paper being torn up and thrown, at the end of the game in a playoff game, and i sit up there, on the end in the 400s, for most every game.

Also, look at most baseball stadiums. The majority have tiered sections that hand directly over the seating below. It would be no different here.

While the bridges might be a gimmick, what that aren't is unsafe.

I see stuff thrown down from the 400s all the time. Last game I was at I watched fans in the 300s doused with both soda and food, while security mostly just shrugged its shoulders. Furthermore, it would not take a lot of arm strength to reach the ice surface from a bridge over the 200's that high up.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote