View Single Post
Old
04-01-2011, 11:39 AM
mnwildgophers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Revere should never see the outfield on a major league team in my opinion. That arm is just awful. He just doesn't bring enough to the table to have that liability out in deep parts of park. I'm a little surprised he hasn't been tried at second base or something like that. You can hide a poor arm there much more than the outfield.

Anyway, with Benson, Hicks, and possibly Arcia coming down the pike, not to mention the rate at which the Twins have picked toolsy outfielders the last few years, Revere isn't long for the outfield. And probably not the organization in general. I also think it's likely both Cuddyer ad Kubel are gone after this season.

As for the team in general, I hate to think this way but I get that feeling that it's going to be a disappointing year. Much like what the Vikings experienced.

And as for Bill Smith, the guy is one of the worst GMs in the game. He's been absolutely robbed blind on every trade he's made to this point. I'm not real sure how he still has his position to be honest.
I agree with you here on a few points. Revere will probably not make an impact on the team, I have a feeling he will be traded sometime during this year for bullpen pitching. Cuddy will stick around because he's one of Gardy's guys, but Kubel will probably be gone.

All I've been doing is reading how the Twins won't win the division this year, we'll experience a down year, etc, etc. I just can't believe that. We play in a weak division where all of the contenders have flaws. The Twins have won the AL Central in 6 out of the last 9 years. They lost it to the Sox in 2005 (the year they won the WS), 2007 to the Indians (Almost went to the WS), and in a 1 game playoff against the Sox in 2008. The Twins will win it this year, there's no doubt in my mind. We have a great lineup and the pitchers will have plenty of runs to work with. The Twins are great at building bullpens.

As for the Smith part, a lot of his trades don't look great at the surface, but he has added players at the deadline for stretch runs that have been great. Last year, Fuentes for Van Mil. Great trade. Pavano for some guy in A ball? Great trade. Bringing in O-Cab to help win this division in 163? Great trade. Smith is infuriating in that the Twins run this team a certain way, but you can't argue with success.