View Single Post
Old
04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Glove Malfunction
Ference is my binky

vCash: 500
I had gone without the glasses for several years when I first started playing. I could see well enough to play without them, but did notice that I was not receiving passes too well. (my novice abilities notwithstanding) I tried wearing the goggles I still had from my navy days (technically they were gas mask inserts), but they always fogged up. I gave that up after just a couple of skates. What really did it for me was when I started reffing and my glasses fogged up then. That's when I went to contacts, and I was amazed at the difference. I noticed a difference in catching passes that very first night. I won't go back to glasses now.

That being said, I can relay some things I looked into BC (before contacts). If you just can't wear contacts, you might try some sports goggles. They make some that should fit under your helmet, and are designed not to fog so easily (so they claim). You can try the anti-fog spray, or something that was passed on to me - rub a very very thin film of shampoo on your glasses lenses, then wipe them almost clean with a soft cloth. The thin layer prevents fog from forming but won't distort the view, if done right. I have done this a couple of times, while trying to make the glasses under the helmet thing work, and it works pretty well.

I still am a total contacts convert, and think they are the way to go. but Bopefully, you'll find something here helpful.

Glove Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote