View Single Post
Old
04-02-2011, 11:46 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
People want Saad because they like the player who they think he is, not who he really is.

They think he is gritty, competitive, and hard-working, but this season he has showed that he's sort of the opposite.

He uses his size to protect the puck, and he has good speed; two things he does well. But a skater with that type of body should be a lot more physical, and have a competitive mindset and work ethic to boot. That is why he is falling. He just is not a very smart player. In my opinion he is just another Blake Wheeler.

The other once highly touted American skater, Seth Ambroz, embodies more of what people think Saad is. The only downfall to Ambroz is his skating ability which is average, but that is something that can be worked on.
I don't want either of them. If I was going to spend a first round pick on a power forward, I would have to be damn sure that he was going to be a really, really good player (or in the case of Kreider, have incomparable physical abilities) because power forwards are simply not that valuable unless they're top notch. I'm definitely not convinced that either of these guys are going to be that good.