View Single Post
Old
04-02-2011, 08:58 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I agree with you on this. SOB did not cost us the game. If losing one fight is going to cost you a 3-0 lead then something is terribly amiss. I think people get it in their head that a guy makes bonehead plays and that's all he does all the time. Klein gets the same sort of deal. Suter got that deal when he was first brought up and it took him almost 2 years on any of the boards to rid him self of that label.

SOB brings one thing to the table for us on the blue line that we lack and that's a guy who protects Pekka night in and night out. He was the only guy out there tonight who was ready to drop the gloves. With Tootoo out, who amongst the forwards is going to drop them? No one. Klein, Weber and SOB will drop them if need be but we can't afford to lose Klein and Weber to 5 minutes in the box. They used their size on a few of those goals and drove to the net. As much as SOB can frustrate me at times, he does have size and the willingness to use it.
I am upset about the 2nd fight, not the first. The first, I see.

the 2nd, detroit had just called a time out, and then bertuzzi picked a 2nd fight!!! we were outplayed and outcoached...... they wanted sob out, imo, to muck up 2 d lines. smart on detroits part..........stupid on sob's part.

A guy with only 61 pim this year----takes 10 tonight...... he was told to pick that 2nd fight.

SOB had a choice, he could have walked away on the 2nd fight.... and bertuzzi might have gotten an instigator.

Last edited by predfan98: 04-02-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: adding.
predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote