View Single Post
Old
04-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
polako...

I think his pre-lockout record is a bit relevant when evaluating his tenure with the Rangers. Further, he did do a good job positioning this team for the playoffs post-lockout, mostly aided by a Jagr contract that was super-CBA friendly. Further, with that good positioning, and the lockout, he gave the organization breathing room to grow prospects and not trade them away. The question now becomes, is this team a contender and/or does it have the pieces to contend, or is it really just going to be a team on the fringe of making the playoffs and which will be lucky to get through a round. If it's the latter, then he's in the camp of about half the NHL, and is just averaeg. If it's the former, then he's doing a good job. Sometimes I think it's going to take a fresh face to come in a take the organization to the next level. Admittedly I've only seen two games this year, a product of working 8am until midnight everynight and Saturdays, so I can't comment on this season, but I can comment on his tenure mostly and the team's record currently suggests they're once again on the fringe. I've been fair to Sather throughout his tenure. I honestly thought he had no right coaching this team coming out of the lockout and it was a joke that the organization didn't look to a fresh face. Of course, it was likely part of the plan - spend and try to get somewhere, and if that doesn't succeed, shed assets for younger assets and prepare for an era in which spending would be under control. So that's likely why he stayed. But in any event, he's done some good, but it seems as though he's continuously trying to fix his mistakes. I'd like to see someone new in the near future.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote