View Single Post
Old
04-02-2011, 10:23 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Hey Spizle,

I am in Toronto as well, what area of the city? Don't worry about an "officiating school" yet, it's not worth it yet, since you have a grasp on the fundamentals of the game etc, ie. you know what offside, icing, is etc, typically an officials school will delve further into the finer points of officiating.

What beer league do you play in?

Also keep an eye on the GTHL site, mainly the officials section, mid summer they open up all the registering classes, register and attend a level 1 seminar, that will get you registered for Hockey Canada, from there, you can do GTHL, NYHL, and house league, I recommend to not do the GTHL at first, depending on your time restraints and area etc, get in touch with a few of the house leagues in your area, the scheduler there, they will start you with the young kids, and this is great as it will do two things, A.) allow you to learn positioning, and B.) allow you to call penalties without a lot of pressure, (as opposed to a travel game etc)

As far as everything else it comes with experience, I've been doing this for 22 years now, mainly beer leagues now and it's a great job that you can do anywhere in the US and Canada.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote