View Single Post
Old
04-02-2011, 11:44 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
I don't disagree that our Defense is horrible. But for clarification, its not our D that's the problem right now. Outside of that 6-0 drubbing in SJ, we've been in one game goals for the majority of the past 30. Before the All Star Break we led the league in 1 goal games. Since then though our offense has completely dried up. We've scored 9 goals in our past 6. Our star players have been invisible. Including Brad.
Well, obviously I disagree with you that he's been invisible. But you're neglecting to mention that the Stars' schedule of late has been EXTREMELY difficult. The last 9 games the Stars have played have ALL been against better teams. Nearly all of those teams are among the league's top defensive teams (NSH, LA, SJ, PHI, PHX are all top 10 teams defensively). And most of these were games with huge playoff implications for the other team, not just the Stars. Since he's come back from concussion, the Stars have only played two games against weaker opponents (MIN, CGY). This is actually a remarkably difficult segment of the schedule for a team to have.

Quote:
Having a horrible D doesn't change the fact that Richards has been part of the problem on this team for months, and that something is still off with him from the concussion. Don't blame me for having reservations about him coming to New York with those problems, I feel the same reservations about him possibly re-signing with Dallas.
For months? He was phenomenal all the way until he got hurt, and he's only been back for a month. Less, actually. 11 games. 4 were OTL. I don't doubt that he's not 100% right now, but I don't think he's the problem. The team just wasn't that good. The difference is, they were winning a lot of those close games. Now they are losing them. On paper, the Stars shouldn't have been a playoff team this season. And they won't be.