View Single Post
Old
04-03-2011, 01:09 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
If you ice a top 4 of Markov Subban Wizniewski and Spacek (yes, Spacek, he's signed for one more season) you'd have a very competitive team offensively imo. When Spacek is your worst offensive D you know you're doing okay. Also if we do somehow get Hammer for a discount (maybe he wants to retire here and win a cup, who knows) then Hammer would be in our top 4 and Spacek would get limited ice time on the 3rd pairing with a guy like Weber. Gill walks. Get a cheap dependable #7d or call up Carle. To me that's very solid and decent depth. Let Mara and Sopel both walk. I'm not a big fan of either, I'd keep Mara maybe as a #7 though if he came cheap. Of course I'd be keeping Gorges though which definitely makes a few of the people above expendable.

I like Wiz more than Streit. He is better offensively imo, just hasn't had a chance to prove it yet on a stacked offensive team.

Maybe something like:

Markov-Gorges
Subban-Wiz
Hammer-Spacek
#7d

or

Markov-Subban
Spacek/Hammer-Wiz (proper side for Spacek for once)
Spacek/Hammer-Gorges
#7d

That's definitely decent especially if Mara is that #7 D I would guess, just because of the fact that he brings something physical for those games you'll need him and it adds depth.

All in all if we could get Markov and Wiz signed, we'd be stacked offensively on the back end. Who knows what a healthy roster would do for us. Also I think Gomez would automatically be a lot better with Markov on the back end helping him. He tries to do too much now, hence why he fails.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote