View Single Post
Old
04-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Marc Staal had a real world class effort tonight, I am almost becoming sentimental...

We have not seen many efforts like this in NY the last 10+ years. I seriously think only JJ and Hank have had that type of world class dominating performances for us since I Leetch basically was still in his prime (/Richter). Like when someone just gets the job done shift after shift after shift after shift. Alone sets the tempo on the ice. On this topic you can look at it from many perspective's, four goals from a forward is of course "more important" in a sense, but when it comes to being dominant on a shift by shift basis Staal IMHO sets himself apart from the rest I've seen play for this team since the "94' guys".

For me, Staal went out there and took another step tonight

Ryan Callahan is -- I do not want to say "the", because it gives the wrong impression, but he is a -- heart and sould of his team type of player. Man is he taking on a big responsibility out there. Its sick.

We talk about small plays so much, but what are they really?

On one shift Callahan looked pretty tired, he skated the length of the ice twice, then feetched the puck deep in our end and took it up ice into the neturalzone were he was run up against the boards. What does he do? 2-3 guys heads for the linechange, he is the one closest to the bench -- still he heads back into the defensive zone to cover for the one's changing.

Thats a small play. And Callahan brings those type of players shift after shift after shift -- besides his forechecking, besides his shot-blocking, besides his sniper ability.

Last edited by Ola: 04-03-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote