View Single Post
Old
04-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
I think we are really close to being able to beat all teams -- but we miss something. Our lines aren't perfectly in balance. We can't experiment now, since we have to win, but I think we need to make a few changes to have a chance.

We do not really have "it" offensively. Dubi-AA-Cally can not bring offense at "will". They can bring it at times, but to go deep you need a line that can come through at any time. Prospal-Step-Gabby is way to easy to shut down. And defensively, we also have a 4th line that you do not want out there later in a game, and that is not good either.

I would like to see Torts try to recapture some of that puckmovement we have on the PP 5 on 5, and to also get Gabby involved in it 5 on 5 too.

If we fall behind in a PO's series and its obvious that we need to shake things up, I think I would try this:
Gabby-Stepan-Callahan//Gabby always played LW growing up, and always play LW for Slovakia in Int. Tournaments. He ain't really scoring right now, not when we need to at least. Step is kind of overwhelmed at times, and to overcome that there is no better wing to play with then Ryan Callahan. I am not saying it would work, but I would try it to get Gabby going. I would maybe even try it with Dubi as a center. I know one thing, and thats that Gabby is not getting the ice on the unit he is now.
Dubi-Anisimov-Zucc/WW//The RW spot on this unit is a solid top 6 RW spot, in which whoever plays there gets a fair chance ot play top 6 RW hockey. Could be a chance for WW or Zucc to excel in.
Prospal-Boyle-Fedetenko//I like the mix on this line. I love Prust, but sometimes Boyle is exposed because they mishandle too many pucks, Prospal would help that.
Avery-Drury-Prust//The 4th line we have now is not a unit you put out there at any time. If Drury comes back and can play, he could center a 4th line you would dare to put out there all the time.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote