View Single Post
Old
04-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Dr. Naysay

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Naysay
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
With the injuries, I think the Kings are very comparable to Phoenix and Nashville. Good defensive systems, good goaltending, and scoring by committee. If we face one of them in the 1st round (not unlikely), I think we have a 50/50 chance.
I know everybody looks at the stats and sees a Coyotes team and a Predators team that scores at about the same clip as the Kings while allowing roughly the same amount of goals but I think people are forgetting one crucial element.

They've been playing like that all season.

Both teams have Defencemen jockeying for the scoring lead. They won't be adjusting their lineups desperately seeking a new "team identity".

Kopitar was being talked about as a potential Selke Trophy candidate and (despite his criticisms from the web based fan community) could probably have been considered a Dark Horse MVP.

I know my name sort of paints me as an eternal pessimist and I won't rule out the possibility of a first round upset... I just can't see this Kings team minus it's two leading scorers (and 1st and 4th TOI getting forwards) advancing past the first round.

I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Replace some of that guilt with confidence and you just may.
I don't even know what that means...

Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote