View Single Post
Old
04-03-2011, 07:40 PM
  #29
mcsauer2738
Registered User
 
mcsauer2738's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRandazzo View Post
In the playoffs a SO specialist is useless since there are no SO in the playoffs. So playoffs I pick goon.

For the regular season I think it depends on the team you are playing. For instance against Broduer I would want to have Avery in the lineup and a "goon" like Boogard to provide a spark and drop the gloves. Even vs a team like Montreal who have crashed the net a lot vs us and have had altercations with Lundqvist. When your playing a team who has a goon like Avery, Tucker, Carcillo etc. you should have a goon to counter that.

Personally I wouldn't want a goon on my team. I rather have a fighter who can play on special teams, be reliable in his own end, and can provide some offense. Like Brandon Prust, Milan Lucic, Eric Lindros. You don't have to be a 30 or even a 20 goal scorer but be able to fight and have some assets to your game.
goons are irrelevant in the playoffs, 90% of the time they're scratched. The other 10%, well you can ask Blair Betts' jaw about that.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote