Thread: WC: Roster Talk '11 USA
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2011, 09:45 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
As a US fan I would love to see NYR miss the playoffs, they are full of Americans.

But if its between Buffalo and Carolina, who would give the US higher quality players?
Buffalo - Ryan Miller, Tim Connolly (UFA), Jason Pominville, Nathan Gerbe (RFA), Paul Gaustad, Mike Grier (UFA), Jordan Leopold (injured), Drew Stafford (RFA), Mike Weber (RFA), Chris Butler (RFA), and Patrick Kaleta (injured).

Carolina - Erik Cole (UFA), Tim Gleason, Jamie McBain, Joe Corvo, Chad LaRose (UFA), and Pat Dwyer (UFA).

I can't imagine Miller would play though so that hurts the easy choice in Buffalo for the goalie reason. I'd prefer the potential Buffalo forwards but prefer the Carolina defenders. It really just depends on who we know is committed at the time either would be eliminated. If we need defenders at the time, we'd obviously prefer Carolina be knocked out. If we need forwards, we'd prefer Buffalo is out.

Either team would give us plenty of options although a lot of them are coming with hurdles. Obvious guys like Cole, Stafford, LaRose, Connolly, etc. are free agents. Given the frequency with which players turn this tournament down due to their contracts, right now I'd prefer the chance at Gleason, McBain, and Corvo.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 04-03-2011 at 10:04 PM.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote