View Single Post
Old
04-04-2011, 12:40 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockify View Post
This is smart in my opinion. You don't want Joensuu to be this Islander era's Todd Bertuzzi. A big guy you thought couldn't put it together who just needed more time. (This has nothing to do with his hit so nobody please bring it up to me it's not what I'm talking about.) I would give him more time and not be in such a rush when you don't have to be.
I'd make the attempt to sign him, 2-way before 7/1. Position it such that he knows it's for 3rd & 4th line duty at NHL level while leaving some room for player movement should the team gain players via trade or UFA. Everyone gets a shot at the big club out of camp, but if he wants it, he outplays Martin, Niederreiter & DiBenedetto with consistency, or he gets chucked to Bridgeport where 1st & 2nd line minutes help his game. If he doesn't like it, others will take the chance.

He's got a ways to go before he's an NHL regular, and I don't think he'd get the attention of other GMs like Tambellini, who had a little family connection going.

My best case scenario would be Martin & Joensuu "linked," say if Joensuu beginning the first 8-10 games in the NHL with Martin in the AHL, and unless one of them is setting the world on fire, they switch in 9 games, barring injuries. Work on footspeed, work on defensive coverage, work on pure conversion. After enough back & forth, it's pretty obvious who's more receptive to it at least by who looks more like a cannonball on the ice while getting a little love on the scoresheet.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote