Thread: OT: Music
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2011, 12:44 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Propagandhi and Weakerthans are two of my favorites too, TG. The newest Propagandhi album is so good I can listen to it on repeat. I also love the 1st song off the newer Weakerthans album. I love listening to it while I'm on the bus.. haha!

Some of my favorites from the past 10 years are Cave In and Minus the Bear. I'm a huge fan of Dave Knudsen's guitar playing. I guess Cave In is playing again. they put out a new ep with harder sounding tunes and I like a few of the songs.

Another all time favorite is anything Walter Schreifel related. I love Quicksand and World's Fastest Car. Rival Schools is good too and they got back together which is awesome.

John Reis and Rick Fork are great (Rocket From The Crypt, Drive Like Jehu, Pitchfork, Hot Snakes, The Night Marchers and the list goes on).

I saw that J Mascis is playing at Alex's Bar in Long Beach in May. that should be killer. I love his guitar playing. Dinosaur Jr is a great band.

Slash is one of my favorite guitar players of all time. i love Guns N Roses. I don't care if Axl Rose is a nut job, which he is. He pretty much destroyed the Led Zeppelin of my generation. I know a lot of people don't agree with that but Guns N Roses were essentially the Led Zeppelin or the Who of people born in the early 80's / late 70's. Slash is the reason I picked up a guitar. His book was also a great read. I'm surprised he is still alive.
I liked early GNR, (who didnt) and Buddy, I think it was you who turned me on to Minus the Bear. I'll take a listen to the others you mentioned in your post.

P.S. One of my favorite "rev up songs" is Dinosaur Jr's "Feel the pain" from the pop of the cork all the way through.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote