View Single Post
Old
04-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Brock
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
I think hes a lot like Spezza in every way, probably ready by 2012-13 season, he can play with those guys and I think hes gonna be better than some of those players in the top 10. Just isn't there cause hes a rookie in the OHL and isn't very big compared to some of the prospects, very skinny at the moment but will grow out, give him time.
Not sure I'm crazy about the Spezza comparison.

He was a lot more aggressive in using his size in the second half of the season. By the end of the year, he was really starting to become a big factor in chasing down loose pucks and battling along the boards. He was also being more assertive in front of the net. While he's definitely a stronger playmaker than finisher, I think he'll likely develop into more of a workhorse type center who'll be strong enough to play down low.

Spezza may have size, but he's tremendous with the puck on his stick and not as great without it. Where as I see Scheifele as the type of center who'll be the workman of a scoring line, the guy who does all the little things away from the puck that create scoring chances. That's not saying I expect him to develop a huge mean streak and become a serious power center, but he's very smart and very crafty. Almost like a Steve Rucchin.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote