Old
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
no. i do not.

i blame lisin's inability to produce enough points. bottom line, he didnt score enough to keep him playing top 6 minutes. he isnt a bottom 6 type player. he had no place to play in a torts system.

i do blame torts for how he handles himself and offensive euro players. even a guy like prospal has a love/hate relationship with him.

as i said many times before, there can be room for guys who dont always play a 2 way game if they score enough to warrant the ice. problem is, with torts, your ice goes away, along with your production, if he thinks you arent playing his 2 way game.

i see the same happening now with wolski.
Gotta disagree with you here. It would be one thing if this team lacked depth, but they have a decent enough squad that there's no room for someone to not play well without getting benched. Wolski was getting a good amount of ice time when he was playing well. He then just stopped producing and his ice time got cut.

Lisin's hockey IQ was just way to low to survive in the NHL.

As for Prospal, I know there were issues when he was in Tampa Bay playing under Torts but since he got to NY i'm pretty sure its been mostly love between the two.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote