Old
04-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect the Jewels View Post
Maybe I need to see some replays or something, because even when he was showing his "inconsistency", I didn't think he was awful. Which is better? A guy that scores 10 goals in 15 games, 2 in the next 15, and repeat? Or a guy that plays 82 games and will top out at 10 goals total?

I guess it's a type of thing where I just don't see eye to eye with the Flyers management or the majority of other fans. I think we can all agree that if he could play every game like he played yesterday, there's a spot for him on this team heading into the playoffs.
He's also been completely absent defensively on several goals against, and his often selfish one man show has led to several scoring chances against after he's turned the puck over because he doesn't know how to dump it in. When he doesn't play like he did against the Rangers (which is most of the time he's playing) his benefit is dubious, since he doesn't create assists or play D. He generally doesn't fit into the rest of the team most of the time. A good example is when he has the puck, and the rest of the team is trying to forecheck. Instead of passing when pressured, he'll circle back and try to move it up himself. It kills all forward momentum by the rest of the team, since they have to stop at the blue line to wait for him to bring the puck up/finally pass it to them. By that point it's unlikely that they'll be able to enter the offensive zone with possession.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote