View Single Post
Old
04-04-2011, 08:53 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Staal, and while it's close, I had no trouble making the decision. Schenn is more physical, but he doesn't have the size, skating or smarts that Staal has (although he is quite impressive in all of these facets).

It's funny, because Leaf fans are in the same position we are, and have to constantly defend Schenn's offensive game because, like Staal, he has potential to put up solid totals, but it hasn't totally come around yet. Even though he will likely only score a few more points this season, Staal has shown he is very capable of being a 40 point defenseman, and I really like how his shot has developed. It's not a cannon yet, but it is hard and accurate.

They are very similar players, but the way Staal can dominate defensively during a game is something only Chara, Pronger, Lidstrom and maybe Weber are capable of doing. They will be comparable for the next 15 years however, Schenn is a stud.
Staal is 6'4" and weighs around 205 lbs, while Schenn is 6'2" and weighs 230 lbs. Size is a very minuscule issue. Also Schenn is a very smart defender, he hardly makes mistakes.

The rest of your post is pretty accurate though, Staal is the better d-man right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
You shouldnt be wasting time arguing with morons like that. Its not even a debate who is better. The good Schenn is playing for the Brandon Wheat Kings and is LA property. Luke is a scrub and a heck of a lot closer to Jeff Finger and Komisarek than Marc Staal.
Typical moronic Bruin fan You guys will discredit the Leafs any chance you get when you don't even know what our players are like.

I'm guessing you're still upset about this:

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote