View Single Post
Old
04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Grinder, I don't necessarily disagree that you rip a team when they've played hard but my problem is, when are they going to learn? When is Trotz going to learn? You get a big lead, you bury the other team. I'm watching the Sharks right now, they had a 2-0 lead going into the 2nd, LA scores on the PP and within a few minutes the Sharks are up 5-1. We had a 3-0 lead at home. The SOB fight was stupid but it didn't cost us the game. Detroit scores a few crazy goals but that didn't cost us the game. It's the same thing that cost us the game, the taking the foot off the pedal. You can't do that in the NHL. Teams are way too good. If you ease up on them, they will pounce and in a hurry. Guess what, around the playoffs you have to have your intensity for a full 60 and then more if you go to OT. We let off and they jumped all over us. We did the same thing against Anaheim and almost blew a 3 goal lead. We came back from a 2 goal deficit against Buffalo so we should know what it feels like on both sides of this. We blew a lead against Chicago in the playoffs last year. When does it sink in? I loved the effort for the most part on Saturday but I hate that this team cannot put other teams away when we have them on the ropes. Once in a while it happens, the 8-0 drubbing of Detroit two years ago but how often does that happen? You go up 3-0 on Detroit, you put them away and never give them a chance to get back in the game. We did and it cost us at least a point.

I'm not advocating a bag skate but I am advocating having more than a laid back approach with the media and basically brushing it off. This is a huge issue. It's an issue that needs to be addressed. The PP is an issue that needs to be addressed that doesn't get the attention it deserves either. When will this happen? Is it on the players? Is it on the coach? Is it on the organization as a whole? At some point the culture needs to change. It has to get thru to the players and the coach is the one who needs to get it thru to them. I just get tired of seeing this happen, especially as we're about to enter the playoffs.

Maybe this was a fluke and we finish out the season strong. I hope that's the case but at the same time history makes me believe otherwise. The team and Trotz need to prove it to me for me to think this has changed and I really have my doubts right about now.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote