View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I think we have to be careful about Ryder's production. Yes he brings his "A" game every night and will work relentlessly for 60 minutes but that does not mean he'll contribute "consistenly" on the score board in his 1st NHL season, even if it is spent (not likely) playing on the 1st line with Koivu all year long.

I like Ryder to death and am his biggest fan but I don't count on him to produce like a top-6 should, scoring around 20-25 goals, in his first season. If he does, it'll be a pleasant surprise that could be rewarded with the Calder but I'm not expecting anything close. If indeed he plays top-2 line, it'll be for his physical contribution first and foremost, in front of the net and in the corners. 15 goals is realistic for him this year IMO.
I believe that is exactly he reason he will be used on one of the top two lines. He gives us grit with decent hands a rare commodity in this team. I do not care if he only produces 30pts as a first liner. his role will be to Help saku and his partner to get more. Somehow though I think he will take the opportunity and run with it!

I would surely like to see the following lines Once Koivu is back:

Bulis, Koivu, Ryder
Hossa, Ribeiro, Zednik
Begin, Perreault, Audette
Langdon, Kilger, Ward