View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 04:11 AM
GaryLivingston

vCash: 500
Is that dude trolling or is he actually serious with saying Quick is just a ECHL goalie that gets lucky?

On the off chance he is serious:

I really think the people that say such things never played hockey above D4.

They certainly have never tried to play in net.

Of the four Quick gave up only two were even close to being "soft." The other two were really well placed screens. None of them had support from the team.

Quick rarely spits out BAD rebounds. Of course he generates rebounds during a game but almost all of them are controlled rebounds sent to safe zones (the corner/away from attacking players.)

Quick still has some of the best stats in the league with the most games played. I am so baffled by how that is because he simply gets lucky.

I agree, Quick has a lot of room for improvement because he is still young and learning. He sometimes (like the ENTIRE TEAM) gets a little over confident with his and the team's play. Especially, after a great game or string of wins. That is when he is just a little off his angle and lets some easy goals slip by him. But, these are mental adjustments that he will make and he has constantly improved since coming into the league.

It's completely ridiculous to even argue that he is not a true #1 goaltender.

GaryLivingston is offline   Reply With Quote