View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
HUGE credit goes to Torts. His bench management, and line juggling sparked this comeback imho.
Funny, people ***** about his line juggling if the Rangers lose

thing is all coaches juggle their lines if things aren't going well, I don't think Torts really does it that much more than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
totally agree. there have been maybe 4 games all season where the team hasn't played at or very near 100% effort. This team has taken on it's coaches persona. aggressive, balls to the wall, never give up, leave everything on the ice.

love this team, love the coach, love the future.
Yeah, even when they went into that slump, most of the problem was their inability to put the puck in the net, not the level of their effort.They've worked hard all year, which is why the Islander game was so frustrating because it was a big departure from their identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah....now that the insanity that was last night at the Garden is gone I see:

Softy on Timmy by Vinny.
Defensive breakdown by Kaberle on Dubi.
Horrible positioning by Timmy to let Sauer score.

Good on the boys for taking advantage of a team but it's really like the B's collapsed at the end, there. Don't even fathom what Kaberle and Thomas were thinking on the tying and go ahead goal.
It's what annoys me about Thomas and why I don't think he's as good as his stats say he is. Not that he's not a really great goaltender that deserves to win the Vezina this year, but he's not THAT much better than everyone else like his stats would say. He gets way too aggressive and often causes problems for himself, and to his credit his crazy athleticism lets him recover and makes tons of highlight reel saves (that he wouldn't need to make if he was a more technically sound goalie), but if he doesn't get some help from his D then you see stuff like tonight where he makes some bad bad plays and gets burned for it. His save attempt on Wolski's one timer that led to Prospals first goal was a joke and he didn't get himself closed up because he was throwing himself at the puck. The Sauer goal was similar as he was way too aggressive and went sliding 5 feet out of the net, out of control and out of position.

And yeah it obviously sounds like I'm ragging on him a lot...I do think he's a fantastic goaltender. He can't put up those numbers without being one. But his style kind of irritates me and I think he gets a lot of help from his team.

This is also why I don't fear facing him in the playoffs so much...it's just like facing any other good goalie and most playoff teams have good goalies at this point

And yeah, Kaberle got burned trying to anticipate what Callahan was going to do and he jsut read the play really poorly.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote