View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
token grinder

vCash: 500
I agree it needs to be addressed. I disagree it has to be through the media. That feeds all the writers and message boards and probably lets the fan too close to the team. I think trotz does a good job with the media and the fact he doesn't blast them too often in the media helps more than it hurts. goes into the whole trotz treats them like men thing. if they wanted to play in a fishbowl, they can go somewhere where they don't acknowledge nashville as a hockey market.

I want to believe that it is addressed. I don't think the last few games is indicitve of the season. We have won too many one goal games for it to be. Saying that the last week does bring concern, but also I think I can understand why it happened. Take the Anaheim game, Legwand trying to be a good teammate, blows up in his face. I get that. Maybe a sign of togetherness, I dunno. Next game, leaves no doubt vs dallas. Vancouver-expecting to hold Vancouver to 0 goals, which is what we tried to do (again) isn't gonna work. Too much talent that works too hard. Fact is, Burrows sliced through the best D pair in the world to get that goal. Great players (sedin with the pass) make great plays.

The Detroit game bothers me a bit. It perplexes me, because at no point did we quit. At times, we outskated them (and we scored 3 times) and at times they outskated us (and they scored 3 times) I hate the 4th goal becasue the center tackled Smithson after winning the draw. (good shot, good tip. it happens) What scares me is that our goaltender was outplayed.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote