View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 11:19 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Man that sucks. That's a monster loss. On the one hand, you think Callahan isn't this all world talent and that's why the Rangers managed to be successful in his absence this season. They don't relly on high skill level. It's all about effort. And that's something they have a distribution of.

On the other hand, he's the embodiment of what they try to do to the nth degree. That's a really tough loss. Oh well. I guess MZA gets another shot.
I have to disagree with that considering the skill hes shown lately and the numbers he was putting up. The effort for sure is infectious, but Callahan was taking his game to another level he really was. You can see he is finding ways to get the puck into areas with what is becoming a patented spin around pass. That pass he made to Dubinsky was all-star skill level IMO. Im not discounting that.

While i agree with your overall statement, i think we have to recognize that Callahan simply means more to this team than we think in a number of ways, and this injury is probably close enough to a death-blow as you can get.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote