View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Sorry but you say the guy can't step up, but he's done just that in the playoffs in the past against a heavily favored opponent. I'd hardly call him a choker. Has he choked in the past sure, everyone basically has at one time or another. You get defined as a choker because you are one, not because you have choked once or twice as a young player. Guys like Luongo get that name because they're vets who have had stacked teams who played well and Luongo allowed untimely goals, softies and essentially choked.
I am not the one who is calling him a choker and comparing to Luongo. Take the time to read what I said instead of getting lost in scary words like 'choke'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
People don't understand the importance of the mental game. Price was young and immature those years, he didn't have the mental strength that he has now. Price has stepped up mentally and proved that he can play goal in the toughest goalie market and succeed at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
The reality is he is young, he is only 23 and we've got a bright future.

But I wouldn't trade any goalie in the league for him straight up, he's young and got the biggest upside of any goalie. Most other goalies that are in their prime and as good as Price or better are considerably older than Price, we've got a great future with him.

Let me ask you this, do you think that honestly Price has stepped up his play in the playoffs? Do you think he's stepped up his game in the past?

I don't but I'm not bashing him, I just acknowledging the shortcomings that he's had to over come to be the great goalie that he is. The struggles that he went through helped him mature over the summer and its a big reason why he's had such a great season and carried this team on his back.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote