View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 12:16 PM
LateNightOilerFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
I think everyone here is in agreement that we would welcome Roli back as the starter next year on a 1 year deal but I'm even more worried about the back-up. He's played well since the call-up but I still don't trust Smith. I think it's time to just say that ship has sailed. We need a back-up who can play 20-30 games and be reliable and satisfied with that role. I think Biron is a UFA, I'd like to take a run at him if he is. Though, he's never played outside NY and Pennsylvania in his career, so getting him to come South might not work, Rangers seemed to like him alot too.

What about a guy like Peter Budaj? Or even Emery?
Nice to hear Roli would like to stay, and if he continues to show he has 'it' and does well in the playoffs he would still be a quality starter. He's not the type that needs to be pushed (he pushes himself enough) and it seems to be working out well so far with him as starter and a backup who can give the team a quality start every 3-4 games and be satisfied with that role.

Biron signed a 2 year deal with NYR, he still has a year left. Budaj I've seen a fair amount, not overly impressed with his ability to hold a game. I haven't seen him much this year, but from the stats it doesn't look like he's having a great year. Emery's still a bit of a wildcard - he's done well in a small sample size considering all that's happened to him.

Gerber's a cheap possibility. He's been in the AHL most of the season but has played well with the Oilers when called up.