View Single Post
Old
04-05-2011, 02:55 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
What's the deal AF? I liked this a bunch.
Just passing along the jams, my friend. It's actually my wife that finds all this music. I was a pretty serious punk fan through the 1990s (graduated from high school in '97). I loved old school stuff like the Germs and Black Flag, I loved new school stuff like Good Riddance, NOFX, Operation Ivy, I loved punk-ska like the Suicide Machines, Less Than Jake, some older ska like the Specials.

But, I got married and had a daughter when I was 20-21, and it really changed me. I know it's cliche, but I pretty much outgrew punk. I woke up one day, and it just didn't really rock anymore. It didn't mean what it once did, and it ceased to define me to myself. At that point, I pretty much ceded music finding duties to my wife, and she has much broader tastes. She got me to sit down and listen to some classic rock like Queen and the Beatles, she introduced me to a lot of British bands (she's Irish, grew up in Cork), and for the past few years it's been a lot of indie rock.

So, with that in mind, I submit my favorite (personal) post-punk band, the Arctic Monkeys.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote